Sept. 11-13, we went to Lake Powell with all of Cory's family (except one bro-in-law, and of course Tyson, who is on a mission).
I LOVE spending time at the lake and on the boat however, and I FINALLY got up on the knee board!! Yay me! It was so fun!!! I have tried a couple of other times without sucess, so I was very pleased with myself. Of course, I have NO upper body strength, so my ride was not super long, and I was miserably sore for days after, but totally worth it!
The kids had a great time too, and even though I had to bribe them all to ride in the tubes, they had a blast (much to their surprise!). Next time I think we may have to break out the kiddie skis and give that a shot. Although, I have a feeling it will cost me a lot more than $2 per kid! :o)

4 comments:
hahaha 2 bucks to get on the tube. Didn't Vicky used to bribe us like that at Bear Lake? Too funny. Lots of fun though! I'm jealous.
That looks like so much fun!! Why was camping on the beach so awful?
I want to live by a lake and have a boat!
Yes, Vicky used to bribe us, and as I recall, it always worked! That is where the idea came from.
Camping in sand is yuck, plus all the crap we had to haul over on the boat (you couldn't drive by car to our campsite) it took FOREVER to get everything there & back & it was a pain in the butt! Plus there is nowhere to go to get out of the sun when it is blazing hot.
Yay! I didn't ever post a comment? Weird. Good for you on the knee board, very impressive!
Post a Comment