Monday, November 3, 2008

It's Autumn Time...

The last shall be first... I attempted to upload my pictures with this one being last, but because I am blogger-picture-uploading handicapped, this ended up first.

Anyhow, here are the kids and I at the trunk-or-treat. Madison was a slumber party girl, Andrew was an army man, and Zach was a clone trooper. They had a fun time collecting lots of candy from all the cars (probably two or three times per car). After the trunk-or-treat, we went to Cory's parents' house where the kids did some traditional, door-to-door trick-or-treating. Then, it was off to the Enoch Spook Alley...scary sounding, huh? We opted for the lees scary (despite Zachary's begging), or "munchkin" as they called it, version. It was silly, and not scary, but the kids enjoyed it. Madison is quite a scaredy-cat, so it was just her speed. When we got home, Madison and Andrew decided to trick-or-treat some more around the block. They didn't get much candy because most people were either not home or had given away all their candy. All in all, we had a fun night. Now, the days of picking up candy wrappers every time I turn around have begun. That is by far my least favorite thing about Halloween!!

A few weeks ago, we took a ride up Cedar Mountain for FHE to look at the fall leaves, and take a few pictures. It was really cold, so we didn't take tons of pictures, but we had a fun time.

Madison insisted on taking some pictures of Cory & I.

Madison


The boys


Three Crazy Kiddos!
We have been enjoying the fall weather very much. The nights have been chilly, but the days have been very nice for the most part. I know the snow is coming soon, however. Cory has gotten lots of wood for our stove, so we will be able to stay toasty warm, no matter the weather!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you did a Halloween post! I love all the costumes! A Slumber Party Girl is such a great idea for a cute & warm costume! :) Those photos of the leaves are so gorgeous!

Amanda Cheniae said...

Great pictures! Three different places to trick-or-treat?!?!? Wow! So, that shirt you are wearing in the first picture, that can't be the shirt from the 90's is it?! The photos in the woods are wonderful! I am glad that Madison insisted taking a picture of you and Cory because I think it is a fantastic photo! You both look great! Happy Fall! I only wish I had some fall :(

Cory and Sara Jane said...

Yeah, that sure is the 90's Gap shirt! :O) The pictures turned out nice. I just wish fall would last a little longer here, it seems like we go straight into winter.