Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stop me if you've heard this one...

I went to Stake Conference today. The rest of the family stayed home and took a day off (Andrew is sort-of sick, that was the excuse), but I was in the choir, so I went. I am glad I did! There were some excellent talks. One lady told a darling "story" about a chicken and a pig. They are walking down the street together and they see a sign on the local restaurant that says: "Help Wanted. Ham & Eggs" The chicken says, "We should really go help out." and the pig says, "Sure, for you it is just a little effort, for me it is complete commitment!" Too cute. She talked about finding joy in our lives, having a positive attitude, and committing ourselves to the gospel. I really enjoyed her talk.

So, guess what my family was doing while I was being spiritually fed? Well, to make a long story short, Zach's room is now "Andrew & Zach's Room" and Andrew's room is now their collective "Toy Room". The boys talked their dad into turning their beds back into bunk beds! I think that will last about 2 days, and then the novelty of having bunk beds will wear off, and they will realize that they bug the crap out of each other. I am sure we have not heard the end of this one!

Now, to make this a more random & rambling blog...Cory and I saw a fun movie on Friday night. We went to "Fool's Gold" with Matthew McConaughey (super hottie!) & Kate Hudson. We both quite enjoyed it. It had the romantic comedy side for me, and some fun adventure & suspense for Cory. Aside from the random "boob flash" in the beginning, it was quite good. Donald Sutherland & Malcom-Jamal Warner (remember Theo?) were also in the film, along with a bunch of people I had never seen before. It was an entertaining movie, and I didn't feel like we wasted our $14 for the tickets. Go see it if you get the chance!

I think I will go make some brownies or cookies or something. My sweet tooth is nagging at me. When I return (possibly tomorrow) I will tell you all about the newest addition to our family...his name is Bosch!

3 comments:

abi said...

Cute story. So, uh, Bosch huh? Did you get a new dishwasher? Or what? I'm jealous, please tell....I'll probably see ya tomorrow! Nice to see you in the blog world?

Emily said...

Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing. I have to recommend taking your oldest kids and your husband to see Spiderwick Chronicles. We saw it on Valentine's Day and loved it.

Amelia Poll said...

Welcome to the world of blogging :) I like the toy room idea--at least they were productive while not being at church :P