Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'll admit, I watched it

Yes, I watched the Michael Jackson memorial service today. Since I only have an antenna, there weren't a lot of options this afternoon on T.V., so I turned on the memorial service while I worked.

I have never been a huge Michael Jackson fan. But, for some reason, I couldn't stop crying through the whole thing!! It was a lovely tribute to an undisputed world icon, but it was also very moving to get a glimpse into the person behind the icon. I nearly lost it when his daughter, Paris, spoke for just a moment about how much she loved her dad. Very sweet.

There is no denying the impact Michael has had on the world through his life, and he will certainly be missed. It is remarkable to me, though, how fanatical people can become over just one person. I can't pretend to understand what it must have been like to live every day of your life in the spotlight, whether for good or bad. Maybe now, he will get a little peace and quiet...

Farewell, Michael!

2 comments:

abi said...

I didn't watch much of it, but what I did watch just sort of bugged me. I don't know, it was more like a big concert/show. Plus, I couldn't help but think about whether or not the legal stuff he had recently gone through (re: little kids) was true - and that God knows the truth, and how that must be playing out. And if it is true - how inappropriate the whole thing was. My whole negative side I guess.

Cory and Sara Jane said...

Yeah, it was sort of a concert, and some of it was over the top for sure. I don't know if any of the allegations are true, but you are right, that will be all worked out now...