Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hawaii...Day 2

I will begin this post by saying, yes day 2 was Sunday, and yes we did some non-Sunday appropriate activities. I am not proud, but we did have a good time...
We started off the day by heading to Turtle Bay Resort where they have a lovely beach; Kuilima Cove.  It was a gorgeous day for snorkeling and laying out on the beach. Unfortunately, Cory forgot to put the battery back in our waterproof camera, so the only pictures we took were on Abi & John's disposable waterproof camera (you know, the kind you actually have to get developed ;)).
After the beach, we headed to Waimea Falls Park where we took a lovely little walk to the waterfall and enjoyed all the beautiful landscape along the way.  There were wild peacocks as we began our hike.

Tons of gorgeous vegetation.

Cute girls.

Flowers galore!




 Awesome parrot flowers.

Cool vines & trees.

The waterfall!

Abi & John were the brave ones and they decided to swim out to the waterfall.  Cory & I didn't feel like getting wet again, so we hung out on shore and took pictures. You can see Abi & John in this picture on the right of the fall, hanging onto the rocks.



Waimea Falls is also where we were introduced to the famous Jungle Fowl. I know, it looks suspiciously like a rooster, but the pamphlet specifically called them Jungle Fowl.  This became a running joke for the remainder of the trip as "Jungle Fowl" (chickens) roam freely all over the island.

After our hike, we headed to Haliewa for some lunch & a Matsumoto Shave Ice.  I have to say, I was not totally impressed with the Shave Ice.  It was WAY too sweet for my liking.  We did, however, decide to give it another shot later in the trip and ordered some more tart flavors that were rather delicious.

There were these funky rainbow colored trees in Haliewa. In my google searching, I discovered that these are called Rainbow Eucalyptus trees. Very cool!

For some reason, I cannot remember what we did for the rest of the day, but I believe we just headed back to the house to hang out. I believe we got some more ono Papa Ole's for dinner too. Abi, do you remember if we did anything else??


1 comment:

jenny and jake said...

it looks gorgeous! .. and warm. Im so jealous