Friday, April 25, 2008

Check out this up & coming band...

Cory and I went to a concert tonight. It was Craig Morgan, a country singer. He was great, and we had a lot of fun. But, the real reason we went was to hear the opening act "Due West".
The lead singer of the group is Tim Gates. He was in our ward when we moved here almost 10 years ago. Cory served as his First Counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency for a couple of years. He is a really great guy. He and his family moved to Nashville about 6 years ago so that he could pursue a career in Country Music.
Tim has also toured around a lot with the "Nashville Tribute" series ("Joseph: a Nashville Tribute to the Prophet" & "Trek: a Nashville Tribute to the Pioneers") with Dan Truman, the keyboardist from Diamond Rio. He sings some of the songs on the "Trek" CD.
We really enjoyed listening to him tonight. He has a really nice voice and we are excited for what his future holds. I added a link below where you can download their song "Sweet Gravity" for free. Check them out! Cory and I got to chat with Tim & his wife for a few seconds after the show. It was so great to see him! We are proud to say "we knew him when". Hey, I even sang a duet with him in Church once! Enjoy the tuneage!! :o)

No comments: