Monday, June 30, 2008

I keep them around for the laughs...

Okay, that isn't the only reason, but they do keep me in stiches. Here are my favorite funny moments from each of my kids recently.

First, and the one we are still laughing about, is Zachary. About a week ago we were driving home from Girls' Camp and all the kids were exhausted, so they were asleep when we pulled into town. We drove around a big corner, and all of a sudden, Zach says "Woah!" and then mumbles very quickly, (still mostly asleep) "twinkle, twinkle little star" and then wakes up. I am laughing just typing this, it was sooo funny!! We still tease him about that one. He may never live it down.

Next, is a pre-teen moment courtesy of Miss Madison. Yesterday night she came into my room and said, "Mom, I have lots of mosquito bites on my legs and they are itching really bad." And I said, "Where did you get mosquito bites?" She said, "from Girls' Camp" (which was over a week ago). I said, "No, you don't just have mosquito bites now from Girls Camp." so I leaned over to inspect her legs as she pointed out the small, itchy red bumps. As I looked closer, I noticed that she had tried to SHAVE HER LEGS!! When I asked her, she told me that she had shaved them in the shower earlier with just water! Ouch!! She is still learning that lesson. I told her not to be in such a hurry to grow up!

Last, but not least, I was talking to Andrew tonight after dinner, and out-of-the-blue he says to me, "If you take something back to the store to get your money back, you might not get your same money back that you paid, but you will get the same amount." I am not sure where that came from, but I thought it was very astute for a six-year-old. He often makes me think, "where on earth did you come up with that?" Such a clever boy!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Out of the mouths of babes... funny stories!

abi said...

ok hilarious. just like the little mouse in alice in wonderland. twinkle twinkle little bat. wow for shaving madison, ouch! and andrew is one smart kid!

Amelia Poll said...

You're children are way to smart for their own good. Tell Madison that shaving is not all it is cracked up to be :)

Amanda Cheniae said...

I can't believe Madison is SHAVING! Wow. Funny stories!