Thursday, August 7, 2008

This Summer in Pictures

Here is the summer-in-review with lots of pictures. The summer started off with Madison's 10th birthday on the last day of school- May 22nd. She had a fun party with her friends and got lots of great presents.



Andrew's 6th birthday was on June 10th. He had a party with friends as well. The string on his pinata broke after only a few whacks, so Cory decided to throw it up into the air a few times, and let it break open when it hit the ground. The kids didn't care how the pinata broke, just that they got to enjoy the goodies inside!




On June 14th, we went to Salt Lake for a family reunion and a trip to Hogle Zoo.


On July 7th, we went to Sand Hollow Reservoir with some friends. Here is a picture of me desperately trying to knee board. I WILL figure it out one of these days. We will take another trip to Lake Powell next month, and I will give it another shot then. Keep your fingers crossed for me! ;)

Zachary's 8th birthday was on July 21st. He opted for a family party with dinner at Winger's (his favorite, mostly because of the "all-you-can-eat" popcorn!) and then a round of bowling afterward. We had a lot of fun, and everyone enjoyed a good laugh at my "granny bowling".



The crowning event of the summer was Zachary's baptism on August 2nd. It was a lovely day with lots of family, good food & fun. We are so pleased with Zachary for getting baptized!

Now, summer has nearly come to a close. School starts on the 14th (just one more week!). With all the kids in school full-time now, I just don't know what I will do with myself! I am sure I will be able to keep myself busy. The kids are excited about their teachers for the year and I know it will be a great school year for them all.

3 comments:

Amelia Poll said...

Oh my heck...when did they all grow up so much??

I am so sad we couldn't come to the baptism. We miss you guys...Maybe someday we won't live so far away. :(

HOORAY for San Diego!!

Jake and Chelsea said...

Wow! I can't believe how big all your kids are! My mom told me that Zachary got baptized, but I couldn't really believe it...but then I saw those pictures, and I guess it's true! And little miss Madison is TEN?? And baby Andrew is SIX??? Geez. We don't see you guys often enough.

Curt Jensen said...

I can't believe you have a 10 year old! Your kids are really cute.